Track Nick’s Progress
To contact Nick whilst he is on route: [offline]
Messages of support for Nick and his company can be viewed in our Comments page
Cardiff! Hard day. Hope we can walk tomorrow!
– Nick Larder [posted: 1953hrs 23/05/2011]
4 miles to Pontypridd. ITV meeting us there.
– Nick Larder [posted: 1330hrs 23/05/2011]
We are on the Taff Trail between the A470 and a pylon. We can hear the hum of the pylon over the noise of the traffic!
– Nick Larder [posted: 1137hrs 23/05/2011]
Just passed Aberfan. Very sobering to remember the disaster in the sixties.
– Nick Larder [posted: 1108hrs 23/05/2011]
Leaving Merthyr, bit of drizzle, not much wind (yet).
– Nick Larder [posted: 0959hrs 23/05/2011]
Greetings from Merthyr Tydfil
Just to tell you all that the group stayed with me at the Bellevue Troedyrhiw they have all been fed and watered and ready for the last stage of the march they will be following the Taff Trail From Merthyr Civic Centre in to Cardiff we all wish them every success with their protest.
Heather and all the regulars at the Bell xxx
– Heather Wynne [posted: 0751hrs 23/05/2011]
Arrived in Merthyr, can’t walk on A470 so will have to follow Taff Trail tomorrow. Need some footcare now!
– Nick Larder [posted: 1821hrs 22/05/2011]
We’ve been accompanied by Embassy Glyndwr the last few miles and have marched with Glyndwr’s flag aloft. 4 miles to Merthyr.
– Nick Larder [posted: 1627hrs 22/05/2011]
Just leaving Powys.
– Nick Larder [posted: 1440hrs 22/05/2011]
These photos were taken yesterday on Day 3 of the walk. The gang set off from Builth heading to Brecon and reached the half way mark during the day! 🙂 The team are doing tremendously well given the miles they’ve already done. Dad has some horrendous blisters and a bad neck but is dosing up with nurofen and soldiering on. They are receiving a great reaction from passers by – lots of beeps and people stopping to discuss the cause. Well done guys, keep going and see you in Cardiff!!
– Mel Larder [posted: 1316hrs 22/05/2011]
Got hit by a hailstorm, then sun, now wind again. But it’s beautiful.
– Nick Larder [posted: 1203hrs 22/05/2011]
Just reached the foot of the beacons.
– Nick Larder [posted: 1140hrs 22/05/2011]
Libanus achieved in the teeth of a gale which seems determined to prevent progress.
– Nick Larder [posted: 1055hrs 22/05/2011]
Leaving Brecon in wind and rain. Beacons ahead.
– Nick Larder [posted: 0950hrs 22/05/2011]
We’re about 3 miles from Brecon. In need of a pint! We’ll survive – tomorrow will be great over the beacons in the wind and rain
– Nick Larder [posted: 1830hrs 21/05/2011]
Just started to rain. The Beacons are ahead and look daunting sheathed in cloud – but we won’t see that tomorrow, it’ll be raining properly!
– Nick Larder [posted: 1700hrs 21/05/2011]
Still getting toots! By our calculation we are halfway – and not a single death so far!
– Nick Larder [posted: 1127hrs 21/05/2011]
Leaving Builth, 20 miles to the next stop. Very painful putting boots on earlier!
– Nick Larder [posted: 0945hrs 21/05/2011]
Passing Welsh Showground. 1 more PAINFULL mile before a beer!
– Nick Larder [posted: 1809hrs 20/05/2011]
Spent an hour and half in Llan’dod preaching, getting signatures. Builth bound now
– Nick Larder [posted: 1615hrs 20/05/2011]
Have just reached Crossgates, Llandrindod Wells – mobile reception is constantly up and down
– Nick Larder [posted: 1322hrs 20/05/2011]
– Nick Larder [posted: 1230hrs 20/05/2011]
Just past Llanbadarn
– Nick Larder [posted: 1023hrs 20/05/2011]
In Llanbadarn Fynydd, Just met up with the 4 who left Welshpool at 9am walking to Cardiff for Tuesdays protest, gave them each a yorke bar
– @russ_george [posted: 1848hrs 19/05/2011]
Now past Dolfor
– Nick Larder [posted: 1543hrs 19/05/2011]
Just met Nick and followers coming into Newtown, lots of horns blowing as they pass.
See you all in Cardiff.
– Paul C. [posted: 1320hrs 19/05/2011]
Nick, Richard, Ifan and Oili all set off in high spirits from outside Welshpool Town Hall followed by a small army of placard waving, chanting and singing supporters.
– MAP [posted: 0915hrs 19/05/2011]
Do not forget to be at the Welshpool Town Hall tomorrow morning (Thursday 19th) from 0800hrs to cheer Nick and his Company off at 0900hrs.
– MAP [posted: 2242hrs 18/05/2011]
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.”
– Mahatma Gandhi [posted: 1503hrs 18/05/2011]